Here’s a tip on what to do with leftover cake … make Cake Pops! I’ve included step-by-step pics to make it easier to follow. The only thing you need to be careful of is the kind of melted chocolate you use. Any chocolate won’t do for Cake Pops as it needs compound chocolate, in other words chocolate that will harden quickly (otherwise it will keep dripping) .. Aero Bubbles chocolate is my preferred choice to melt!
Here are the 6 simple steps to follow:
1. Crumble your leftover cake in a food processor or just using your hands.
2. Add either jam or any frosting of your choice to the crumbled cake. Make sure you add a little at a time until the mixture is moist enough and can hold a round shape.
3. Shape equal-sized round cake balls. Insert the cake pop stick halfway through the cake ball and refrigerate for a few minutes.
4. Melt the compound chocolate using the double-boiler method. Always a good idea to use a deep sized bowl as it makes the dipping process easier.
5. Dip the cake ball in the melted chocolate until it is completely covered. Keep swirling until all the excess chocolate has dripped off.
6. Add sprinkles or any decor of your choice before the chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
For more baking tips and ideas visit the ‘Tips & Tricks’ section on https://thebakealogue.wordpress.com/baking-tips/