One thing about Dubai is, it will make you fall in love with cars! One can’t help it as Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin etc are a common sight here… in fact me and my husband always have fun playing the “Oh look, there goes my car!” game whenever we’re out on the road .. Haha! I always tend to pick the red ones that have a ladies stamp on it, whereas my husband tends to go for the noisy ‘vrooom vrooooom’ ones! So that is one affordable way to live your dream temporarily OR there’s another way … you make yourself an edible version! 😀 .. I was in a bit of a creative mood today and as I had a look around the kitchen to see what ingredients I had available, everything seemed to be yelling “Pizza! Pizza!”. That’s when I came up with the idea of making a healthier and quicker version of the usual pizza by using a bun as the base! The result was a delicious, crisp pizza ready in a matter of a few minutes! In fact this can be an excellent activity for your kids over the weekend. Get as many toppings as you can to make it a nice colourful choice and then leave it to the little one’s creative minds to come up with their own version :). It is also a cheeky way to get them to eat the veggies they run away from, by hiding those as the filling inside ;).
So hope you liked this idea and will be trying it out soon! Step-by-step pics included to show the making of my edible sports convertible car! Lol!! By the way, no drivers license or speeding fines associated with this car, so it can be enjoyed free of any worries! 🙂
Steps as follows:
(One hot dog bun makes 2 cars)
1. Cut the hotdog bun in half and slice from the middle. Add pizza sauce on the base of the bun, along with the toppings of your choice. I’ve used olives, green pepper and onions.
2. Place the other half of the bun on top. Cut out a small rectangular portion from the top.
3. Add the pizza sauce along with the toppings to the cut out rectangular portion.
4. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top. Bake until the cheese just starts to melt
5. Insert a toothpick horizontally and add the sliced cucumbers to make the wheels of the car!