Speaking of brownies, in case the last post was too chocolatey for you (:o), here is a milder version …. Blonde brownies …. Tastes equally delicious, and takes far less time to put together than washing the dishes!
The original recipe belongs to Inspired Taste (am in love with that website). However, I have re-written the recipe (in my own words) based on the exact ingredients I used.
Unsalted butter (melted): 113 grams
Light brown sugar (packed): 1 cup
Vanilla Essence: 1 and 1/2 tsp
Almond Essence: 1/2 tsp
Semi-sweet chocolate chips: 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour (sifted): 1 cup
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Foil the base and sides of an 8 x 8 inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the unsalted butter and light brown sugar until well-combined.
- Add the egg followed by vanilla essence and almond essence.
- Sift and add all purpose flour. Fold the mixture with the help of a spatula.
- Add 1/4 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter. Fold the mixture one final time.
- Transfer the batter to your square pan and spread evenly. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips to the top of the batter.
- Bake the blonde brownies in your pre-heated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre come out a little moist (do not overbake).
- Allow the blonde brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Congratulations! Your Blonde Brownies are ready to be eaten …. how simple was that! Thank you Inspired Taste for another great recipe …